UofSC School of Medicine Greenville recognized as Apple Distinguished School – Greenville Journal
Up to 100 words plus 1 image for print, full press release online, up to 3 images. Minimum photo size is 2 MB. Cost: $229.
Acceptable Copy Guidelines for the CJ Guaranteed Service
Before issuing a press release over the CJ Guaranteed service you will have to confirm that you have the right to do so and that you have read and understood the CJ Guaranteed terms and conditions. If you have any doubt on either of these points, please do not send the press release.
Press releases that do not conform with the requirements set out below may not be distributed.
Certain material news relating to public companies is not appropriate for the CJ Guaranteed service and may be rejected for distribution (e.g. earnings releases and dividend releases).
Each press release issued via the CJ Guaranteed service must include the name of the source, namely the entity, organization or individual making the announcement or issuing the press release. Unattributed press releases will not be distributed through the CJ Guaranteed service. For example, if you enter “XYZ Company LLC” into the Organization Name field, this will be used as the ‘source’ of the press release. All press releases must include a valid entry in the Organization Name field. If you are a public relations or investor relations agency, the source will be your client, not the name of your agency.
Statements within a press release that include first person pronouns (I, we) require attribution and should appear in quotes.
All material transmitted by Community Journals may be used by the media with or without attribution. We do not transmit material that is copyrighted by someone other than the source of the press release. For example, Community Journals would not distribute an article that appeared in another publication unless we have written authorization from the publication itself.
Defamatory, Inflammatory or Potentially Libelous Copy
You may not use the CJ Guaranteed service to distribute press releases that are potentially defamatory, inflammatory or libelous. The injured party may be a living individual, business, corporation or association. Examples of press releases that potentially could be libelous are those containing allegations of crime, immoral or unethical actions, financial irresponsibility or professional incompetence.
CJ Guaranteed will not issue press releases regarding lawsuits of any kind.
You may not send press releases through the CJ Guaranteed service that directly link a celebrity to a product unless that celebrity is a paid spokesperson for that product or has otherwise authorized the use of their name/likeness.
Stock Symbols, Tips & Recommendations
If you are a public company, you must include your stock ticker to ensure your press release can be indexed properly on the investor websites and databases that carry Community Journals copy. Please use this format (EXCHANGE:TICKER)
Publicly traded companies using Community Journals CJ Guaranteed service must include their ticker symbol in every press release they issue. However, Community Journals permits the use of a third party’s ticker symbol only with advanced written permission from that third party
You may not reference a competing company’s ticker in a press release. Community Journals’s editorial staff will remove the inappropriate ticker symbols before transmitting the press release.
If you wish to send a press release that makes stock tips or recommendations you must be either a member of FINRA with a valid CID# or a nationally recognized publisher.
You may not distribute press releases through the CJ Guaranteed service related to online gaming, including if they link to websites that allow users to place bets for money or directs users to a site that allows them to place bets. Press releases that take users to a “practice or instructional site” may be permitted, as are press releases from brick & mortar gaming businesses such as those that manufacture slot machines or brick & mortar casinos.
Terms and Conditions
This Conditions of Service Agreement (the “Agreement”) sets out the terms and conditions under which Community Journals (also referred to as “We”) provides its CG Guaranteed service (the “Service”) to you or your business (“You” or “Your”) and Your use of the Service on behalf of You or Your business.
Please read the terms and conditions contained in this Agreement very carefully before using the Service. Use of the Service indicates that you accept the terms and conditions contained in this Agreement. If you do not accept the terms and conditions of this Agreement, please do not use the Service.
1. Community Journals facilities are governed by Federal and State regulations. News copy and other information, in any format now known or hereafter developed, including, without limitation, textual, photographic, video and audio files and urls (collectively, “Content”), may be submitted through the Service, subject to the terms of this Agreement. You are responsible for payment of all fees associated with your use of the Service.
2. You are responsible for the content and accuracy of all Content submitted through the Service. Because of the volume of information and copy submitted to Community Journals, Community Journals is not responsible for verifying any facts contained in the Content. You represent and warrant to Community Journals that (i) You have the right and authority to deliver to Community Journals all Content submitted, including for distribution through the Service, (ii) You will comply with all applicable laws, rules and regulations, including but not limited to the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 and laws relating to “spam”, (iii) You have obtained all required authorizations and consents with respect to any data that you provide concerning individuals and the use and transfer thereof, (iv) You will not submit Content that is obscene, libelous, slanderous or otherwise defamatory, inflammatory, false or misleading or which violates any copyright, right of privacy or publicity or other right of any person, (v) You are using the Service for a valid and legitimate business purpose, (vi) You will comply with all of the terms and conditions contained in this Agreement, (vii) the Content that You submit will conform to Community Journals CG Guaranteed Copy Acceptability Guidelines and will not, among other restrictions, contain information related to threatened litigation, advertising, celebrity endorsements, stock advice or recommendations or online gaming websites, and (viii) the Content will not contain any viruses, scripts, macros, or programs or links to macros, scripts, programs, or any code that alters, destroys or inhibits the operation of, or infiltrates, computer systems or data run through such computer systems. You agree to shall indemnify and hold harmless Community Journals, its affiliates and agents, and those licensed or otherwise authorized by Community Journals to process, transmit or distribute Content from and against any and all claims, losses, damages, liabilities, costs and expenses (including reasonable attorney’s fees) arising out of or relating to any breach of any of the foregoing representations and warranties or otherwise arising out of or relating to the contents or nature of the Content.
3. We reserve the right to reject or edit copy or other information when necessary in our judgment, provided that no material substantive edits will be made. We reserve the right to retract or withdraw your Content for any reason, at any time, in our sole discretion. You grant to Community Journals a royalty-free perpetual license and right to reproduce, distribute, translate, archive and create derivative works of the processed Content.
4. Community Journals does not warrant or ensure that the Service will be free from errors, including omissions, interruptions, delays or other timing errors, losses or defects, whether human or mechanical. Any errors by Community Journals will be corrected promptly upon discovery, without additional charge, and such obligation to correct shall constitute the sole liability of Community Journals in this regard. Community Journals makes no warranties, express or implied, as to the Service, including but not limited to any warranties of merchantability or suitability for print or broadcast. The liability of Community Journals and its affiliates and agents to You shall be limited to the refund of the fees paid by You in connection with the item of Content at issue, and in no event will Community Journals or its affiliates or agents be liable for any indirect, consequential, special, exemplary or incidental damages regardless of the form of action, damages, claim, liability, cost or expense whether in contract, statute, tort (including, without limitation, negligence) or otherwise. Community Journals shall not be liable for any delay or non-performance arising from any cause beyond its reasonable control, including, without limitation, acts of God, governmental acts, war, fire, terrorism, civil commotion or industrial disputes.
5. All news releases and other information transmitted by Community Journals must contain a clearly identifiable source, including a contact name and phone number. The source indicates the entity or individual that is responsible for the Content and cannot be the name of an agency issuing news on Your behalf.
6. This Agreement shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of New York. If any provision of this Agreement is held by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, void, or unenforceable, the remaining provisions shall nevertheless continue in full force without being impaired or invalidated in any way. Any dispute arising under or related in any way to this Agreement shall be adjudicated in a court of competent jurisdiction in the County of New York.
7. All paid press releases will be marked as “No Follow” for search engine purposes.
8. Your submission of copy and/or other information to Community Journals and by clicking “I accept”, You agree to be bound by this Agreement. You represent and warrant that you have full right, power and authority to accept this Agreement and submit any Content for distribution.